Thursday 8 May 2014

Magazines which influenced my own

Empires cover and layout of the Joker was a big influence to me as it showed a villain on the cover promoting Batman, rather than the superhero himself. The dark colours in the mise-en-scene influenced me to show a darker backdrop so that the focus would be on the character. The title also influenced my own, as the colours and font of the masthead is iconic and draws the attention to the reader if they were to see it in a shop.










The main image in Gorezone also influenced my own main image as the medium close up portrays the genre i wanted. Both magazines seem to appeal to an older audience, which is shown through their taglines, so by using this in my own magazine i can appeal to my audience demographic.

No comments:

Post a Comment